Jun 19, 2010

Work Partaaayy

If you have ever played the course in Golden Gate Park you know how nicely laid out, well maintained, and fantastic it is!  Well... a gorgeous course takes a TON of work, and today the SF Disc Golf Club members (myself included!) rolled up their sleeves and helped to spread bark, terrace eroding hillside, and remove invasive plants.  With all the efforts to put in a second course in McLaren Park, it is essential that we show how committed the Club is to give pack to the parks we love so much. 

Now if you know me (or have read any of my blog postings) you will know that I am accident prone and dangerous to be around.  The idea of me wielding sharp objects was too scary, so I took up a position at the first tee and helped to direct the people coming to help.  I also brought some of our petitions and collected signatures from people in the park.  We got about 50 signatures and did a ton of great work, so I think team Disc Golf deserves a gold star!  Next work party is on July 3rd, we would love to see you all out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment