Apr 15, 2010

Think pink

I just ordered this new bag and I am too excited!  I have been keeping my discs in a backpack and it works great, however the zipper has broken and it is starting to get annoying.  I figure, if I am going to be serious about this sport I should have all the approptiate gear.  When I added a few new discs to my collection my game improved and I came to appreciate the fact that you really need the right equiptment for the job.  So now I am getting this legit disc golf bag with room for a drink, towel, 10-12 discs, and all the other bells and whistles.  I only have 5 discs right now, and it is plenty for my needs... but as I continue to refine my skills I will be adding different discs for different situations (or if they are really cute!)

So I know what you are thinking... if I want to be taken seriously, why the heck would I get a bright pink bag. Well, for one thing, I like pink!  Plus, because disc golf is such a male dominated sport, I think is fun to embrace my feminine side!  When I step up to the tee box most guys out there think I am going to throw it 5 feet like some of the girls that just get dragged along by their boyfriends.  It is pretty satisfying to launch a really nice 200 ft drive and hear their surprise that I can actually throw. 

So the pink bag is more of a statement in irony.  I am hoping when people see it their initial impression will be "oh geez, who let the sorority girl out here with her pink accessories?"  and then I will kick ass and it will be AWESOME!  I may even bedazzle it

No comments:

Post a Comment