Apr 11, 2010

Rocklin and Shady, my Sac Town Adventure!

I headed up to Sacramento for the weekend to check out my buddy Ryan's home turf. We met up with our friend Nathan and took on the 18 hole course at Rocklin on Saturday. This course was a ton of fun with lots of bushy oaks and some LOOOOONG holes (Ryan and Nathan told me they are not always that far). The terrain is fairly flat nestled into an oak grove. There were a great combination of holes, long, short, lots of trees, hills and creeks.

Sunday we hit up Shady Hills Disc Golf Course and I may have a new favorite. No offense Golden Gate Park, you know I left my heart in San Francisco, but I had SUCH A GOOD GAME at Shady that I may have to move to Citrus Heights and make it my home course. I have a few benchmarks that I have set for myself in my quest to learn and master the sport of disc golf. One of these was 9 or less on the front 9.... here I am showing off my score of 8 over par on the 9th hole....which means that I average just under a bogie on each hole. WOOO HOOO!!! I checked that one off the list at Golden Gate Park a few weeks ago, and at that course I am able to get a 7 over par for the front 9... something I am pretty pleased with. I am still at a point where getting par is a big deal, and today I got two pars in a row and three pars total which is a new record for me!!!! It feels awesome to have these clear milestones that I can check off. Another thing I have always wanted to do was beat Ryan on a round. I got half way there today and was able to beat him on the front 9. I am really proud of myself and it is really cool to be able to "keep up with the boys." I even out drove them on a few holes!

This course is notorious for being crowded, so we got there by 10:30 ... which is pretty darn early considering the BBQ Nathan hosted the night before!

3 comments:

  1. i want to go next time i'm home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo, Nathan here. I had a lot of fun playing disc with you!

    I think my favorite part was on hole 1, when there were like 20 semi-pros just finishing their drives when they let us play through. It can be rather intimidating with 20 dudes all watching you throw, but you did not disappoint. You could tell they expected the usual "girl throw", but then their jaws hit the floor and you could hear them all like, "Whoa!". I think it was a nice reminder that this is not necessarily a male dominated sport!

    Oh hey.. Nice Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh Shady, if only it could be like that everytime. Now you need to play the course at night!

    ReplyDelete