Mar 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to me!


'Tis but a flesh wound! I think it is very fitting that my first time getting hit by a disc is on my birthday. I have been playing for a while now, and I have been assured that it would only be a matter of time before I attacked by a stray disc... well, actually in this case it was thrown directly at me, and instead of coming to a skidding halt like I expected, it skipped up and bit my leg while I stood there just staring at it. Oops!

All in all it was a spectacular birthday weekend thanks to my great friends and family. My buddy hooked me up with two really nice new drivers and I had a blast trying them out on Friday AND Saturday in Golden Gate Park. Since I donated my first driver (a Beast that I was just getting the hang of) into the middle of the lake in Vacaville, Ryan got me a sweet Champion Beast and also a really fun Wraith.

Now the disc golfer in me says "awesome, these new discs will be fun to throw"... but I will admit, that as a girl my first reaction was "ohhhh pretty" when I saw the tie-dye and lavender. I now have a well equipped bag with 2 drivers, a mid-range Roc, and an Aviar putt and approach disc.

This week I decided to focus on breaking in the Wraith (and no, it's not because purple is my favorite color... ok, well that may have been part of it). It is a really fun driver, and by Saturday I had really gotten a hang of it. My goal was to bogey or par every hole, and I did pretty well. The last two holes I triple bogeyed and killed my score, but all in all I had some great holes and made some tricky putts. Check out this 30ft put Ryan made on the back 9!

For those of you who haven't played in Golden Gate Park, I highly recommend it. Whenever I play here I feel like I have stepped into Narnia, Middle Earth, or some other forested woodland realm. Dense trees make it easy to forget that you are in the middle of the city. Meadows, stands of trees, and lush canyons make this park unlike the other places I have played. I will state for the record that this is my favorite course to play so far. The scenery is top notch, and most of the locals I have met are very friendly and helpful. Lately I have been playing Golden Gate Park once or twice a week. If anyone would ever like to join me, you should shoot me an email or give me a call.

Well... this girl has to sign out, I am headed to Las Vegas with my sister for a double birthday extravaganza in Sin City!!! Look for pictures when I return. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment